The GOODS from Salt Spring Wild Cider
Salt Spring Island, BC | Salt Spring Wild Cider is looking for a creative and highly organized kitchen manager/chef for its small restaurant. SSW is developing a reputation for amazing food, using local ingredients in innovative and refreshing ways, and we’re looking for someone to carry on that tradition. The successful candidate will have the following abilities and interests:
– Interest in utilizing local, seasonally available and sustainable ingredients
– Interest in creative solutions with an eye for detail and presentation
– Interest in making high-quality, extremely tasty food with consistency and class
– Interest and ability in making GF, organic, plant-based, and sustainable meat and seafood items
– Ability to cost food, manage inventories, and order accordingly.
– Ability to manage food waste and labour costs
– Ability to handle a high-pressure, busy environment
– Ability to collaborate with a great team with kindness and respect.
– Proven leader and coach, invested in team development
– Ability to work with minimal supervision with consistency
– Strong attention to details and cleanliness
– Ability to work in a very small space and put out food quickly in spite of limitations
– Interest in working with, and adapting to, a growing business
– Strong line-cooking, prep and organizational skills
– Interest and/or skills in using sous vide, and a Big Green Egg grill
– Ability to do long days/nights when needed
– Proficiency with inventory & scheduling
– Menu planning and daily specials
– Ability to work and live in a small island community
– Up for a fun challenge!
– Interest in cooking and preparing for special events
– Interest in cider and cider-appropriate cuisine!!
– Food safe level 1 & 2 preferred
This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to build something with us that will be talked about in culinary circles throughout the region. Also, there’s lots of time to get your feet wet here because our busy season doesn’t start until Spring. We compensate very well, depending on experience, and there is ample opportunity for growth, as we continue to grow.
Please email a cover letter with an expression of interest and a resume to Gerda & Mike at wild [at] saltspringwildcider.com and place ‘Kitchen Manager’ in the subject heading.
*Temporary accommodation may be provided for off-island candidate.